Abdul Matin, FCA
Atik Khaled Chowdhury(AKC)
Mr. Abdul Matin a Fellow Chartered Accountant is a Senior Partner of Atik Khaled Chowdhury (AKC), Chartered Accountants and responsible to lead the Firm’s service in Garments Sector, Telecommunication Sector, Agricultural Sector, Real Estate Sector and NGOs. However, he is specialized in project management, fund management, treasury management, offshore financing, feasibility study, technology led transformation, formation of PF and WPPF
Mr. Abdul Matin has more than 35 years of professional experience in financial management, accounting services, developing internal control system. Before joining AKC, he worked as the Executive Director in DBL Group and as CFO in Standard Group, two giant RMG conglomerate in Bangladesh. He is knowledgeable in BFRS, BAS, IFRS, IAS, Corporate Governance. As the CFO he attended Board Meeting and Audit Committee meetings of a listed Company.
Mr. Matin has lots of working experience in different departments including production, quality, control, Human Resource, Finance and Accounts, Commercial, Engineering, Supply chain. He led the treasury department in his service life and automated banking transactions through BEFTN and automated cheque writing system
Mr. Matin attended different training programs home and abroad.
Qualifications & Professional Membership
- Fellow Member – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB),
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Dhaka
Experience and Specializations in Financial Management
- Managing Group of Companies.
- Raising fund through IPO for expanding a 100% export oriented spinning mill
- Strong net working with BSEC, DSE, CSE, CDBL, BIDA, Credit Rating Company,
- Raising cross boarder dollar loan from IFC/FMO/DEG/OeEB for establishing 100% export oriented textile factory.
- Assessing the readiness for Technology led transformation with PWC
- Empirical experience in switching to ORACLE
- Visited various states in neighboring countries with PWC representatives and held talk with the Investment authorities to find out a suitable location for a factory to reap the benefit of locational advantage
- Mr. Matin is the Economic Editor of ‘Dig Diganta’ a fortnightly magazine and contributes regularly on financial and economic issues.
- He is the founder Chairman of ‘Altamoti Foundation’ a philanthropic initiative for the development of underprivileged children in the society.